Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jason's *Surprise* 40th Birthday Party

Since December I had been planning to have a surprise 40th birthday party for Jason here in Salzburg. If you know me very well, you know that it is very hard for me to keep secrets, especially from Jason. So it took much planning and a few white lies to complete my goal.

On Feb. 11, all of our friends joined me in surprising Jason with a wonderful surprise party. I had it at Bärenwirt, a very traditional Austria restaurant. We had our own private room that my friend Sego helped me decorate. Her husband Tait just "happened" to ask Jason to go rock climbing that day to get Jason out of the house. What wonderful friends they are!!

The party was a blast. There were 25 of us in all and it was so wonderful to be able to share great food, conversations, laughs and of course beer (and a few shots of Patron for Jason!).

For the party, I ordered two barrels (kegs) of beer for the party. Jason "tapped" the first keg with the mallet as soon as we arrived and I had the joy of tapping the second one. They kept stressing that I had to hit it really hard to get the dispenser into the hole without spilling beer. Well, I hit it so hard that I broke the mallet. Hey, at least not too much beer spilled! Good times!

At the party, Jason also received his very first pair of Lederhosen (among other very thoughtful presents). I was very excited and we all made him try them on. They fit perfectly!! I can't wait for the next festival where we can rock our Lederhosen and Dirndl!

Anyway, we had such a great time with all of our friends. It was truly a night I will never forget. We are so very blessed to have such wonderful friends here. So, to all of those that joined us, we thank you for joining us and for making his 40th birthday truly unforgettable. And of course, I was very happy to host such a party for my wonderful husband. He totally deserves it!!

Here are some pictures of the party. I will post more as I get them from other cameras. Sorry some of them are blurry. I put my camera on the wrong setting. :(



























So again, Happy 40th Birthday, my love!! So glad to be able to make all these amazing memories with you!! I love you muchisimo!! XOXO



























No comments:

Post a Comment