Friday, December 18, 2009

This is what happens when I get too excited about something...


About a week and a half ago, my Sony camera died. If you are my friend then you are well aware that I carry my camera with me everywhere and am a picture whore, if you will. I was extremely upset and was on a mission to find a new companion to record my memories.

Over the weekend, Jason and I went to Best Buy to look for cameras. I began to look at the new Nikon s70 with the touch screen. I decided that I should look online and check out other cameras and prices and make a decision in the beginning of the week. On Monday, we went back to Best Buy to buy the camera but they were sold out. We made it to Wolf Camera right before they closed and were told to come back tomorrow and they would match the Best Buy price. Man, all I wanted was that darn camera and now it had been nearly 2 weeks without one! Anyway, the next day we went to Wolf Camera and I finally got my new, red Nikon s70... it was beautiful!

We immediately got home and I plugged up the camera to charge the battery and read the whole manual, cover to cover. Since it was about bedtime, I could not play with my new toy because it wasn't charged. How sad!

The next morning on my way to work I decided that it would be a fabulous idea to play with my new camera while driving on my way to work (or to at least play with the settings). As I turned on my camera, the language screen popped up. Being a touch screen camera, all I had to do was to push the English setting and I was good to go. Now, I know this sounds like an easy step but I was trying to pay attention to the road and to the camera. All of a sudden I look down and noticed that I accidently made the camera language Greek instead of English. Ultimate fail!

This was the point where I was sorry that I "Go Greek" and didn't know Greek. I remembered some of the letters from sorority days but by no means can read it. I nearly wrecked trying to figure out how to change it back (thank goodness I am a fabulous and responsible driver and paid attention to the road well).

So of course, my first mission at work was to change the language back to English. About 20 minutes later, I finally figured it out and was good to go.

Moral of the story? Sometimes I get a little too excited about new toys. Pictures from my new camera to come soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment