Monday, May 14, 2012

Asian Vacation 2012 pt. 1

At the end of April, Jason was traveling all over Asia for work. We decided that for our 1 year anniversary (a month early), I would meet him towards the end of his trip so we could take a much needed vacation in Koh Samui, Thailand and then spend some time in Singapore while he finished up with some work.

I flew out to Singapore on April 24th. My flight was less than exciting since Jason wasn't with me during my 14 hour journey, I nearly missed my connecting flight in Paris, and a kid was kicking my seat for about 12 hours. Usually my luck with flights.

I finally arrived and as soon as I walked into the Changi airport and smelled the familiar scents of the airport, memories of our time living in Singapore came flooding back. It's funny because I think I can write a whole blog about how certain airports smell, and perhaps I will, but what a refreshing smell it was! Now, as you can imagine, most of the airports in Asia are not categorized as smelling clean or refreshing but Singapore is of course different. Probably because Durians are not allowed in any public places, but who knows.

Upon my arrival, Jason picked me up and we were off to the hotel. We had dinner plans with some dear friends so I showered quickly before we had a lovely evening chatting with good friends.

The next afternoon, we were off to Koh Samui. We were both really excited and Jason really needed this vacation. I swear he is always working so it was great for him to have some time to relax. Of course, our flight was super delayed and we arrived at our hotel pretty late. I wasn't too thrilled about missing out on an extra Thai dinner. By the time we got to the room though, I couldn't be too upset because this is how my husband had the hotel set up our room. Gosh is he good! :)


The next morning, we went down to breakfast and decided that we wanted to go sailing. We booked a trip with The Red Baron and were off for a day of fun in the sun. We had a great time on The Red Baron and would totally recommend it to anyone that goes to Koh Samui. There were two other couples on the ship besides the owner (the first mate), his wife (the cook) and the captain. It was a huge boat and it basically felt like we had the whole thing to ourselves. They served us breakfast, lunch, champagne and fruit and took us to two different beaches where we could go swimming. It was a fabulous day!!

















After sailing, we decided to go for a quick swim at our resort. It was just gorgeous watching the sun go down and the boats coming in.




Then, I went back to the room to get ready for dinner and Jason took some amazing sunset photos. Isn't he a great photographer?? So lucky that he captures all of our memories!







That night, we went to the walking market in Fisherman's Village. It was a blast and a great way to end our day! (Please note in the following picture all of the things you are not allowed to do in this cab. I thought it was hilarious!... if we knew VIP weren't allowed, I'm not sure we would have gotten in. ;)  )






Obviously, our first day was a huge success. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back. Stay tuned for part 2! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment